The Cremation Society of Iowa
Serving Central and Northeast Iowa Families with Affordable Cremation Services
The Cremation Society of Iowa is the oldest continuous operating cremation society in Iowa. We specialize in assisting families who desire simple cremation options for their end of life plan. We do so in a dignified and cost effective manner.
To determine if our service is available in your area, and the corresponding price for a simple cremation, please refer to our service area map.
Simple cremation services include taking the deceased from their place of death into our care, the cremation process, and filing required state and federal documents.
Other Required Costs
- Every cremation in Iowa requires a $75 permit from the County Medical Examiner.
- Other required costs may be incurred which are determined by the condition or location of the deceased. An example would be removing a pacemaker prior to cremation.
- Your funeral director or pre-need counselor can explain these in more detail; please contact us if you have questions.
Other Optional Costs
- The Cremation Society of Iowa offers services beyond the simple cremation that can be utilized by families. Examples of these services include assistance with submitting newspaper obituaries, assistance with a memorial service, providing printed materials, or preparing the remains for a final viewing prior to cremation.
- Your funeral director or pre-needs counselor can explain these services in more detail; please contact us if you have questions.
24 Hour Immediate Service×
Tips for Ordering Flowers×