From complete cremation services with visitation and memorial services to simple cremations to cremation niches, the Cremation Society of Iowa wants you to be aware of the variety of cremation options that are available throughout the Des Moines, Waterloo, and central Iowa areas. Keep reading to learn more about these cremation service options, including those available at our partners, Iowa Funeral Planning, Parrott & Wood Chapel of Memories Funeral Home and Crematory, and Overton Funeral Homes.
Full Cremation Service
Full cremations are an option that is available for individuals in central and northeast Iowa. Many of our families do not realize that they can have a full, traditional service prior to the cremation being performed. Working with our cremation partners across Iowa, you have the option of renting a casket and holding a visitation the evening before or prior to the ceremony at the funeral home or church. These funeral homes would perform the embalming and have the casket open for the viewing and then would perform the cremation services after the visitation and ceremony. This is a good option for families when their loved ones wished to have cremation, but the family and friends would like a traditional way to pay their respects and memorialize the lives that were lived.
For individuals in the greater Des Moines area, Iowa Funeral Planning’s trained, professional counselors can help you work through your funeral planning process. Parrott & Wood serves the Waterloo area with experienced cremation specialists, and the staff at Overton Funeral Homes are there to assist the Dysart and Traer communities. For information on the price of a complete cremation or other questions, please contact us today.
Cremation with a Memorial Service
Find comprehensive memorial service options in central and northeast Iowa with Iowa Funeral Planning, Parrott & Wood, and Overton funeral homes. Unlike other service options, cremations with memorial services are performed prior to the funeral being held. Therefore, at the service, there is no open casket, which is sometimes considered traditional. With the option of performing a cremation first, you may still request a memorial service at your place of worship or the funeral home, with the focal point being the urn that is accompanied by photographs of your loved one. You may also have a memorial gathering prior to the ceremony or the evening before. Our goal is to provide you with as many funeral options as possible so you can make an informed choice that is right for you and your family. If you have questions about cremation options or to receive a price quote, please contact one of us today for more information.
The Cremation Society of Iowa is dedicated to helping you receive an affordable cremation, and so are our partners. Prices for simple cremations with these funeral homes can be found utilizing our service area map. The prices found on the map are for a simple cremation, and other fees may apply depending on your service requests or other factors related to the individual who is to be cremated. Prices are also subject to change without notice. Please contact us and our team will help you obtain an accurate quote and comprehensive options.
Greater Des Moines Cremation Services
- Brooks Funeral Care specializes in affordable cremation services in the greater Des Moines area. Their experienced staff can assist you with arranging a memorial service at your place of worship or at one of their chapels. They are also able to help you with a traditional funeral with a viewing followed by cremation, all at the most affordable price in the area.
- Merle Hay Funeral Home offers the finest chapel in the area, and they are home to many memorial services and funerals followed by cremation. With their on-site crematory and their location on the beautiful Chapel Hill Gardens Memorial Park Cemetery, they offer the convenience of having everything you need in one place. You never leave our care!
For a resource to help you decide what cremation option is best for you, contact the Cremation Society of Iowa today.
The funeral specialists at Iowa Funeral Planning, Parrott & Wood, and Overton Funeral Homes have the greatest selection of cremation niche options available in the Des Moines, Waterloo and Dysart and Traer areas. Learn more about their beautiful resting places by reading below.
Chapel Hill Garden and Sunset Memorial Garden
- Iowa Funeral Planning has many outdoor final resting place options for families. Their Apostles Columbarium offers niches for a single person as well as companion niches. The Apostles Columbarium also incorporates an ossuary, which allows for a cost-effective final resting place option.
- The newest columbarium at Iowa Funeral Planning is Old Rugged Cross. It provides both individual and companion niches for families. These niches incorporate the flexibility of bronze for the niche plate, giving the family three options for engraving, including the ability to engrave a photo of the family member(s) at rest.
- The Sunset Memorial Gardens Mausoleum has an entire side with niches devoted to families who have selected cremation. This allows for both individual and companion inurnment. Iowa Funeral Planning also offer scattering gardens as an option for cremated remains. For questions on final resting place options, don’t hesitate to contact us for more information on how we can help customize your cremation services.